On this website, we've tried to provide you with lots of Pirates of the Caribbean of the Caribbean quotes, sharing with your some of our favorite scenes from the movies. But I was thinking, we have all of these quotes throughout the blog, but we haven't really told you which are our favorites. So here comes the answer!
10) "Stop blowing holes in my ship!"
-Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Does anyone else find it a little ironic that Jack is in the brig of his own ship as his own crew attacks his beloved ship? Or is that just me? Because he wants to defeat Barbossa but it's hard to do that without damaging the ship Barbossa's on.
9) "Seaweed can be a sign." "Looks like entrails." "That would be a bad sign."
-crazy sailors on board Edinburgh Trader in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Elizabeth sure throws these sailors into a tizzy when she becomes a stow away on their ship. She then tries to send them signs with the illusion that her dress if floating. They then try to frantically figure out what she's trying to say.
7) "That is without doubt the worst pirate I have ever seen."
-James Norrington in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Norrington thinks Jack isn't a very good pirate, but in reality, Jack's just good at thinking on his feet! He's always got a trick up his sleeve, that most people don't even understand. And the funny part of this scene is that two minutes later, Theodore Groves, who works for the Royal Navy under Commodore Norrington's command, declares: "That's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen!" How ironic. Of course, Norrington isn't too please with this.
6) "Cuttlefish eh? Let us not dear friends forget our dear friends the cuttlefish. Glorious little sausages."
- Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Your probably wondering what on earth this means. Or your wondering if Jack has a creepy obsesion over cuttlefish. The answer to the second is no. the answer to the first is that Jack is trying to convince the Pirate Lords that if they stay in Shipwreck cove they will destroy themselves. So of course he uses the glorious little sausages, a.k.a cuttle fish, as an example.
5) "Risky thing, helping slaves escape. If you'll recall, slave hunters have large, fierce dogs, and they carry pistols. The slave hunters, not the dogs."
-Jack Sparrow in The Price of Freedom. Okay, I'm not going to lie: this quote cracks me up every time. Jack is agreeing to help Beckett convince his slave to run away with him. And run away slaves are not taken likely for this time period, so Jack makes the point that he'd be really stepping out on a limb by taken Ayisha. But, as usual, Captain Jack Sparrow throws in his lovely sense of humor to seal the deal!
4) "Gentlemen, m'lady; you will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow."
-Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. This is one of Jack's favorite catch phrases. He loves to pull it out as he escapes his enemies once again, but unfortunately he doesn't always have time. Sometimes he gets hit with a wave, other times he falls of a cliff.
3) "Lots of rum, lots of women. That's Jack for you."
-Esmeralda Maria Consuela Anna de Sevilla in the Price of Freedom. Esmeralda is explaining to Princess Amenirdis that Jack is quite the character. He's a great pirate and has a brilliant personality, but she shouldn't be fooled, because Jack's as crazy and wild as the sea he loves so dearly. And let's not even get started on the rum!
2) "Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?"
-Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. We all know Jack is awesome. Will knows Jack is awesome. Gibbs knows Jack is awesome. Elizabeth knows Jack is awesome. Does Jack know he's awesome? Honestly I wasn't really sure until he says this line to the Royal Navy letting us all know he knows that everyone knows that he is awesome. Do you think I sounded like Jack there?
1) "Why is the rum always gone?"
-Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Deadman's Chest. So we all know that Jack loves rum. And we all know what he does when there's rum in the same room as him. HE DRINKS IT. But what happens when there isn't anymore rum in the room with Jack? I think the answer to that is as follows. He goes and finds the nearest rum possible. So in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest that is what Jack does while sitting around onboard the Black Pearl. But of course the simple act of finding rum must be exciting so to find the rum Jack goes down to the creepy, dark cellar, and you'll never guess who he meets. . .
I know that this favorite list is a little different than many of our previous ones in that it isn't accompanied by a poll. But nonetheless we still would love to hear your favorite PotC quote! So please comment and let us know!